If you’re a Salesforce Architect or on your #JourneyToCTA, please help us with our first annual Salesforce Architect Community Survey! This research project will help set a baseline for the important work being done to increase diversity at the highest level of the Salesforce technical arena.
Week 1 of a seven-week course hosted by Natalya Murphy, taking a deep dive into the Integration Architecture syllabus with the exam at the end.
Meeting: Introductions and expectations.
Study/prepare after meeting: high-level integration capabilities and patterns.
Zarna Naik has 8+ years of experience on the Salesforce platform. She was a user of Salesforce portals for about 2 years before going on to work for a leading Salesforce partner in the US. Zarna moved back to her hometown, Mumbai, India, in 2012 where she incorporated YES CRM Consultants. She is a big fan of the Harry Potter series 😊 and she loves to make useful products out of scrap. Zarna discovered Ladies Be Architects from Google!
Congratulations to our champions for May! We’ll be sending your prizes through soon.
If you’re thinking about going for the Certified Technical Architect review board, it’s easy to think it’s just another exam. It isn’t. It’s a journey of self development – highly challenging and needing a lot of practice. Charly and I have been going through this process for several months and have found that having a mentor and practicing through regular mock exams have been incredibly helpful. Add this to the new CTA-601 workshops that Salesforce runs and you have a great way to prepare.
We are pleased to support our member Natalya Murphy, who will be starting a 7-session study group for the Integration Architecture Designer exam beginning on Tuesday, June 12 with a goal of having participants ready to take the exam the week of July 24.
In May, Gemma went to Amsterdam to speak at the Developer User Group: Demystifying CTA. It was an awesome event; we had the luxury of FOUR CTAs sat on our panel to answer questions from the group. It was so engaging, the meet-up went on until 10pm!
The Netherlands team has made Gemma’s opening presentation available and you can watch it here. Enjoy!
Sign up for the Ladies Be Architects’ Top Trailblazers competition in June for your chance to win a hoodie, a T-shirt or a mobile phone case!
This month had our biggest turnout yet! 73 registrations and we filled the Hangout! Thank you to everybody for your support, and thank you to Susannah for giving us her time to deliver a fantastic presentation.
This month, the community voted to work through one of the key topics in the Platform Developer I exam: Apex basics.
Monthly Study Groups
- We post a poll with 3-4 exams from the Architect pyramid
- You vote on the exam you’d most like us to cover
- When that vote closes, we post another poll with 3-4 topics from that exam
- Whoever has volunteered to run the session can prepare their webinar when the voting has closed
- Monthly study group is held online in the last week of the month
Other Study Groups & Activities
If you’d like to take a few people through a deeper dive on the curriculum for a specific exam – go right ahead! We would love to partner with you. It’ll be your content – and we can offer you all the support you need.
We’ve helped by:
- Sharing videoconferencing capability (we have Hangouts Meet) at no cost to you
- Access to G-Suite and WordPress tools to create your own content at no cost to you
- Sharing recorded sessions on our website and beyond
- Promoting your sessions on Twitter, LinkedIn, the community and our own blog
- Supporting demographic research initiatives
Things to Consider
- Sorry gentlemen, we would like women to run the sessions (to inspire confidence), but you’re most welcome to join us for the calls. We greatly value all of our allies and what they do to support us.
- All sessions are recorded and shared online to benefit the whole Salesforce community. This is a key principle and we would really like to keep this going.
- Please share your certificate achievements in the community group so that we can celebrate with you (there may even be a prize for you!)
- Content is free (except the swag store). If you catch us at an event we may just have stickers for you too ;0)