With 141 registrations, this was our first study group after Dreamforce! We also had the luxury of a CTA attending – and quite a few of our male friends too. Thank you for showing up and sharing your experiences with us all.
Jojn Blanca for the final session in her #LBAJourneyToPD1 series. This week it’s debugging and deployment, with a few valuable exam tips thrown in too:
- Describe how to monitor and access various types of debug logs.
- Describe the capabilities and security implications of the Developer Console, Workbench, and Force.com IDE.
- Describe the different processes for deploying metadata and business data.
- Describe how the different environments are used in the development and deployment process.
In the penultimate session from Blanca’s PD1 course, we cover:
- Describe the testing framework and requirements for deployment.
- Describe how to write unit tests for triggers, controllers, and classes.
- Describe when and how to use various sources of test data.
- Describe how to execute one or multiple test classes.
- Describe the differences between invoking Apex in
execute anonymous vs. unit tests.
Join Charly as she presents on Heroku as part of Blanca Leon-Carter’s Platform Developer I group!
In August, the community voted to take a look into customer mobile strategies as part of the Mobile Solutions Architecture certification. Charly happily stepped up to run this session, which covers:
- Questions checklist
- The pros and cons of Salesforce mobile apps vs custom apps
- HTML5, Native (iOS/Android/Windows Mobile) or Hybrid solutions
- Mobile app security
- Testing strategy
Explore Model-View-Controller and Visualforce pages with Blanca Leon-Carter as we study for Platform Developer I!
In Lynette’s latest mock review board session, Daniel attempted the Laptops to Schools scenario, which can be viewed here:
Thanks to all who attended and took part:
- Daniel Gonzalez
- Mike Egar
- Lynette Lim
This session, featuring guest speaker Kelsey Shannon, takes a deeper look at logic and process automation, exploring Apex triggers, Visualforce controllers, SOSL, SOQL and DML.
In week 3 of the Platform Developer I study group, Blanca Leon-Carter and guest presenter Kelle Costa take us through logic and process automation in Salesforce – constants, variables, declarative vs programmatic solutions and Apex data types.
We had our largest volume of registrations to date for this study group – 92 people registered to hear all about Organisation-wide sharing, implicit sharing, the Salesforce role hierarchy, sharing rules, manual sharing and team sharing.