The community voted to cover the application of sharing and visibility features to some real scenarios. So Charly and Susannah hosted a brilliant group to take some requirements, break them down and share some possible solutions! Enjoy!
This month, the community voted to study Community Cloud – with
A very special thank you to Emely Patra who was kind enough to donate her time to take us through the Bulk API and locking contention. She covered a detailed topic from the perspective of what you need to know for the review board and we all learnt something! Happy to share the recording and materials here with you.
Susannah’s Northeast Dreamin’ talk comes to Blanca Leon-Carter’s Apex16 study group! You don’t have to learn Apex to be an architect, but in case this interests you, you can learn the three rules of test-driven development and how to make testing PART of your code development – not an afterthought. Vocabulary and live coding are all part of the learning for this session. Read more to access the recording!
Jojn Blanca for the final session in her #LBAJourneyToPD1 series. This week it’s debugging and deployment, with a few valuable exam tips thrown in too:
- Describe how to monitor and access various types of debug logs.
- Describe the capabilities and security implications of the Developer Console, Workbench, and Force.com IDE.
- Describe the different processes for deploying metadata and business data.
- Describe how the different environments are used in the development and deployment process.
In the penultimate session from Blanca’s PD1 course, we cover:
- Describe the testing framework and requirements for deployment.
- Describe how to write unit tests for triggers, controllers, and classes.
- Describe when and how to use various sources of test data.
- Describe how to execute one or multiple test classes.
- Describe the differences between invoking Apex in
execute anonymous vs. unit tests.
Join Charly as she presents on Heroku as part of Blanca Leon-Carter’s Platform Developer I group!
Explore Model-View-Controller and Visualforce pages with Blanca Leon-Carter as we study for Platform Developer I!
This session, featuring guest speaker Kelsey Shannon, takes a deeper look at logic and process automation, exploring Apex triggers, Visualforce controllers, SOSL, SOQL and DML.
In week 3 of the Platform Developer I study group, Blanca Leon-Carter and guest presenter Kelle Costa take us through logic and process automation in Salesforce – constants, variables, declarative vs programmatic solutions and Apex data types.