Thank you to everyone who gave up their time to come and study environment management with us! We are happy to share the recording and resources here.
With 141 registrations, this was our first study group after Dreamforce! We also had the luxury of a CTA attending – and quite a few of our male friends too. Thank you for showing up and sharing your experiences with us all.
Jojn Blanca for the final session in her #LBAJourneyToPD1 series. This week it’s debugging and deployment, with a few valuable exam tips thrown in too:
- Describe how to monitor and access various types of debug logs.
- Describe the capabilities and security implications of the Developer Console, Workbench, and Force.com IDE.
- Describe the different processes for deploying metadata and business data.
- Describe how the different environments are used in the development and deployment process.
In the penultimate session from Blanca’s PD1 course, we cover:
- Describe the testing framework and requirements for deployment.
- Describe how to write unit tests for triggers, controllers, and classes.
- Describe when and how to use various sources of test data.
- Describe how to execute one or multiple test classes.
- Describe the differences between invoking Apex in
execute anonymous vs. unit tests.
Join Charly as she presents on Heroku as part of Blanca Leon-Carter’s Platform Developer I group!
In August, the community voted to take a look into customer mobile strategies as part of the Mobile Solutions Architecture certification. Charly happily stepped up to run this session, which covers:
- Questions checklist
- The pros and cons of Salesforce mobile apps vs custom apps
- HTML5, Native (iOS/Android/Windows Mobile) or Hybrid solutions
- Mobile app security
- Testing strategy
Explore Model-View-Controller and Visualforce pages with Blanca Leon-Carter as we study for Platform Developer I!
In Lynette’s latest mock review board session, Daniel attempted the Laptops to Schools scenario, which can be viewed here:
Thanks to all who attended and took part:
- Daniel Gonzalez
- Mike Egar
- Lynette Lim
This session, featuring guest speaker Kelsey Shannon, takes a deeper look at logic and process automation, exploring Apex triggers, Visualforce controllers, SOSL, SOQL and DML.
In week 3 of the Platform Developer I study group, Blanca Leon-Carter and guest presenter Kelle Costa take us through logic and process automation in Salesforce – constants, variables, declarative vs programmatic solutions and Apex data types.